we are delighted to start our long awaited airdrop lottery. We want to reward our amazing community through this event and make sure that as many people from our community as possible can have access to ARES tokens. That is why we decided to choose many airdrop winners (up to 5000) with large ticket sizes. In this article we will explain the details and rules for participation.
The Airdrop Lottery begins at 20th of March and is live until 25th of March 8pm UTC.
Requirements to qualify for Airdrop
- Join Ares Protocol Telegram group (t.me/Aresprotocols )
- Join Ares Protocol Telegram channel (https://t.me/aresprotocol_announcement)
- Follow Ares Protocol on Twitter (https://twitter.com/AresProtocols)
- Fill this form
Number of winners and ticket sizes
The total number of winners and also the ticket size for each winner are dependant on the size of our community. The bigger our community at the time of the airdrop registration deadline the more lucky winners from the community will be chosen. The same applies to the ticket size for each lucky winner: The bigger the community the bigger the ticket size for each winner.
The community size R is determined by Ares’ Twitter followers and Telegram members. R is the smaller number of both i.e. If the Twitter followers of Ares Protocol are 5.000 and the Telegram members are 10.000 then R is 5.000.
Number of winners = R/10. This means that the chance to win in the airdrop event is 10% for every community member (actually it is even higher than 10%, because we assume that not everyone who follows the Twitter account or is a member of the Telegram community will fill the airdrop lottery form).
Let’s say our Twitter followers are 5.000 and the Telegram members are 7.000. In this case R = 5.000 and the total number of airdrop winners is 500 (5.000/10).
One important factor for the airdrop lottery is the ticket size for each lucky winner. This depends also on the size of the community (i.e. on the number R).
The following rules apply:
- If R < 2.000 (i.e. community size is smaller than 2.000 people): airdrop 20 ARES tokens to each lucky winner. Minimum winners: 200
- If 2.000 < R < 5.000 (i.e. community size between 2.000 and 5.000 people): airdrop 50 ARES tokens to each lucky winner. Minimum winners: 200 | Maximum winners: 500
- If 5.000 < R < 10.000 (i.e. community size between 5.000 and 10.000 people): airdrop 100 ARES tokens to each lucky winner. Minimum winners: 500 | Maximum winners: 1.000
- If 10.000 < R < 20.000 (i.e. community size between 10.000 and 20.000 people): airdrop 150 ARES tokens to each lucky winner. Minimum winners: 1.000 | Maximum winners: 2.000
- If 20.000 < R < 50.000 (i.e. community size between 20.000 and 50.000 people): airdrop 200 ARES tokens to each lucky winner. Minimum winners: 2.000 | Maximum winners: 5.000
A small example for better understanding
Let’s have a small example to understand above mentioned rules better. Assuming after the deadline of the airdrop lottery event Ares Protocol has 8.000 followers on Twitter and 12.000 members in the Telegram group. Then the smaller of those numbers is relevant for the computation of number of winners and ticket sizes.
In this case R is 8.000. This means that 8.000/10 = 800 people will be chosen as lucky winners. R is between 5.000 and 10.000, therefore each lucky winner gets 100 ARES tokens airdroped.
In other words: The bigger the community the bigger the amount of tokens to be won, while the chance of winning remains always 10% no matter how big the community. Thus it makes sense to share the airdrop lottery news with friends and family :-)
Lucky number award
Each 1111th, 2222th, 3333th…Airdrop lottery participant wins additionally 667 Ares tokens :)
Ares Protocol is the first decentralized cross-chain oracle service protocol of the Polkadot ecosystem. It is also the first oracle protocol of its kind that implements verification on chain.